Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Teacher Bag

To whom much is given, much is expected.
 
 
Perhaps more appropriately for this post - In which much must be stuffed, much is expected.
 
 
We all have one - that bag that we trust to cart all our most prized teacherly possessions back and forth on a daily basis. Some like wheeled bags. Others prefer stiff cases. Me? I have a love obsession with Vera Bradley. Here's a peek at what I keep in my teacher bag (minus all those lesson plans!):

1. The Tote  //  2. Make-up  // 3. Paper Clips  // 4. Post-its // 5. Agenda
 
 
1. The Tote: I already admitted my love of Vera Bradley. Those colorful bags are soft and flexible. I love how comfortable they feel on my shoulder as I'm walking on campus. The totes hold all my essentials and the bright colors are the perfect pick-me-up for those early mornings and late nights!
 
2. Make-up: I always keep a compact in my bag to freshen up in the middle of the day. Busy classes and fun activities may make me tired by the middle of the day, but a quick freshening up with some light powder makes me feel (and look) refreshed for my afternoon classes.
 
3. Paper Clips: If you're like me, you're carrying papers back and forth on a daily basis. Paper clips keep everything organized!
 
4. Post-its: So. Many. Post-its. This is a good thing because I LOVE those little colorful squares! I have them in all sorts of shapes and sizes. They help organize notebooks and remind me of important dates and assignments.
 
5. Agenda: I'm a bit old-fashioned in that I love writing my important dates on paper! Again, buying that colorful, cute agenda isn't necessary - but it makes looking at that busy schedule a little more fun. Lilly Pulitzer agendas are a bit pricey at $28 but it does last the whole year! (That's what I tell myself anyway! I LOVE Lilly Pulitzer...but my wallet always says "No!")
 
 
OH! Before you leave, don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for a free resource from The Teacher's Prep - you, too, can have your students create their own documentaries!
 
Happy Teaching!

1 comment: